Monday, December 22, 2003


1904 Welsh Revival
"Evan Roberts and his brother Dan and his best friend Sidney were travelling the country conducting Revival Meetings and they were meetings with a difference. Meetings which broke the conventional and bi-passed the traditional – often the ministers just sat down unable to preach or even to understand what storm had arrived in their usually sedate temples."
Thanks to the link from someone over at 24-7 prayerabout the 1904 Welsh Revival

As I was preparing for our BLAZE youth conference this last year, I received some words form the Lord about the 1904 revival. It all started when I looked out my window and saw the neighbors address on their house "1904". I felt impressed to look up that date and the first book I opened had an article on the 1904 Welsh revival. We are approaching the 100 year anniversary of that revival.

I am praying to God to see such awakening this year...
Oh, Lord do it in my day.

1 comment:

Mel said...

The 100 year mark seems to have special significance. John Hus was executed for his part in translating the Bible into English. He was executed on July 6, 1415. Just before he died, he proclaimed this:

“In 100 years, God will raise up a man whose calls for reform cannot be suppressed.”

It was the very last thing he ever said. Almost exactly 100 years later, in 1517, Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses to the church door at Wittenberg. The prophecy of John Hus had come true! How's that for incredible??