Friday, March 05, 2004

Since we were restored to friendship with God
by the death of His Son
while we were still His enemies,
we will certainly be delivered
from eternal punishment by His life.
-Romans 5:10

Here is are some amazing truths that should grab your heart and mind and shake you like a rabid puppy with a squeaky toy!

God has restored you.

His arms are wide open right now, there is nothing that stands between you and God.
There used to be a barrier, a huge chasm, a gigantic veil that kept little ole' you on one side and BIG Ole, Him on the other.

If you even took a peek around or under that massive curtain that hung within the holy tabernacle something frightening would strike you!
Were talking spooky stuff, like your skin would start to rot!
You just didn't go near to God or you would be snuffed out like an insignificant bug on one of those scary blue bug zappers. Poof! Gone, bye bye...you dead.

God was Like a holy nuclear reactor core...you just couldn't go near Him.
Look at Moses, He was one of the only few that did and his face was like Hummer headlights afterwards. He couldn't go anywhere without attracting all the bugs around camp.

But Jesus changed all that on the cross.
Jesus fulfilled God's ultimate desire which was to be able to fully embrace His children. Through the cross God was able to get His arms around you again.

On that amazing day when Jesus was spilling His blood and it was running down that wicked cross; God was tearing that old veil from top to bottom in the temple.
He was doing it with an excited smile, I am sure.
He was about to adopt a whole lot of kids!

It was a great day.

And just think, He did that for you before you even gave a rip.
In fact, while you were still lost, dead and His enemy.
Imagine what He will do now that you are friends....

The last thought is sooooo amazing to me:

I can now with CERTAINTY
that I am gong to be saved
from eternal punishment.

Only one Son is going to the cross, it was Jesus.
I am going to my Father's house when this is all said and done.
No punishment for me because Jesus took all the punishment I deserve.
I have nothing between me and my Father.
No sin, no guilt, no fear, no anxiousness...I live in a complete certainty of His love and acceptance of me, right now.

That rocks my world.

No comments: