Friday, November 02, 2007

The Gospel for the Barbarians

"I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to wise and to unwise. So, as much as is in me, I am ready to preach the gospel to you who are in Rome also. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "The just shall live by faith." (Rom. 1:14-17).

The Barbarians need the gospel...

I really believe that the gospel is poised to reap a huge harvest in this generation. If you have keen eyes and sharp ears you can see the coming together cultural elements that are positioning the church to speak to an age that is fully ripe to the resurrecting power of the gospel. Might I add, the gospel as it is expounded through the reformed tradition seems to be particularly calibrated to penetrate this emotive, dark, and awakening generation. Our Lord stands among the graveyards of this culture and brings to life the sleeping souls. His voice opens graves. His light can give a path to those in darkness. His hands are scarred and open to lift the downcast out of the pit. He is the sunrise from on high...that is dawning on those who sit in the shadow of death.

He can make you fully alive.

I am starting a new series through the book of Romans called: "The gospel for the Barbarians" starting this Sunday. I pray that it will unlock prison doors and set captives free from...religion, law, the past, the self, sin and every binding noose of false piety that keeps people from living in the liberty of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

4 comments:

Todd Bacon said...

Podcast?

Unknown said...

For sure...

I had a computer crash and have been reinstalling all my backed up data from my .mac account but for some reason the smart people at Apple didnt provide a way for simply downloading that data for my website...so I have to start all over and do another website. I am almost done...what a pain in the butt.

Michael McMullen said...

Dude. Don't start telling me all that's wrong with Mac before I get my Mactop. I'd like to wait until after the honeymoon to discover she has morning breath.

And, I can't wait for the new series. Sounds rich.

Anonymous said...

LOL...can I just say "backup"? ;-)

And Mike, don't believe the hype. It's all the same, regardless of brand. Electronics are bound to fail at the least convenient moment, so beware.