Monday, November 12, 2007

Hockey: beer...babes and...blood...

My youngest son won 4 tickets to the Spokane Chiefs hockey game Saturday night through his school for good behavior. He is part of a program the school runs for kids that need a tad bit more positive support for good behavior...and it is working. The seats were fantastic! We invited Micahs buddy Spencer and father Dan to come along. Micah loved it...loud screaming, yelling, smack talking...junk food...men fist fighting on the ice...swing large sticks at each other...slamming small men into the wall with the force of mad Rhinos...flying projectiles that could remove all your teeth...blaring metal music to chant with...beer...babes and...blood...what couldn't a boy love? I am not sure the school realized...just what they were sending my son into...oh, and I think I found my inner sports guy too...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...oh, and I think I found my inner sports guy too..."

I think the apocalypse must be near! Are they serving snow cones in hell today? Did I just see Wilbur soaring over Zuckerman's farm?

I have waited the better part of 20 years to hear those glorious words. ATTA BOY!

Thanks again for the invite fellas. Spencer and I had a blast. He told me several times during the game, "This is awesome!" As soon as we got home he told Tina all about the game, the fight, the score and the junk food. I figured Micah must have been thinking, "How come everytime I hit somebody I get busted, but when these guys do it, they get a standing ovation?"
-Dan

Michael McMullen said...

"...oh, and I think I found my inner sports guy too..."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

*runs into the dark, crying and alone*