Saturday, May 08, 2004

"When the old wineskin is dying, the new wineskin is created by those who are not afraid to be vulnerable." -Graham Cooke

You’re just seeing a fresh soul vein opened up of late.

It's flowing pretty freely, a bloody mess maybe, but it had to happen.

I love one of the parts of an article I sent out the other day where the pastor said: "Every few years he has to reinvent himself a bit or he will die a little."

That's defiantly taking place right now. I'm owning my thoughts, daring to share them more and truly seeking to walk out a more authentic walk...or at least daring to try to find it.

The old dress shoes just don't fit anymore and walking in them has cramped my toes and furrowed my brow...I'm taking them off.

Yes, it may stink a bit, i've been smashing my feet into these things for way too long...I wish I had listened to the pain sooner.

I'm a bit sensitive (a better word might be raw) right now too; at least until I get some callousness on these feet.

I'm not sure what or if, I will wear any shoes in the future...but right now, free toes are marvelous!

Yep...it's quite difficult trying to do this as a "leader" but in the end I think that's a better quality of leadership than not doing it. But the fact is...life demanded it. I had gone as far as I could go in those shoes...they served me well for the time they were intended to protect me.

But everyone comes to their own burning bush sometime and hears the command to..."remove your shoes...the ground you are on is holy ground."

Moses heard it and so did Joshua.

I'm hearing it right now and like Joshua it comes right as I'm being commissioned to lead a "new generation" into the Promised Land. It's a strange time to hear a call to get naked feet. No call to strap on some trusty army boots. No seemingly wise command to clamp on some steel toes butt kickers...no, simply let your feet touch the cool grass of the earth.

A leader with bare feet...strange indeed.

Does it scare some people? Yes it does.

Does it scare me? Yep!...but that’s ok…at least I am coming alive again.


"To risk is to lose one's foothold for a while; not to risk is to lose one's self forever." - S. Kierkegaard

No comments: