Thursday, October 15, 2009

Pistols, Preachers and People...

So...I'm outside our coffee house, on the phone dealing with some facility issues and I hear someone yelling upstairs in the apartments above our meeting space. It's escalating and I'm thinking this is getting police worthy. After some investigation, I find out it's related to a CPS visit and the dad is going postal. With some decompression talk, things mellow by the grace of God.

I turn around and there's this sweet truck parked in front of our building and on the dashboard are three 9MM pistol clips.

I'm struck by the gritty, sureal nature of what takes place around our church. Guns, drugs, anger and violence mingle with gospel, love, serving and community...all on one block.

It's always interesting in East Central.
Post a Comment