Wednesday, August 11, 2004

winter is past...

For now the winter is past
the rains are over and gone
the flowers appear in the country-side
the time is coming when the birds will sing
and the turtledove's cooing will be heard in our land
when the green figs will ripen on the fig trees
and the vines will give forth their fragrance.
Rise up, my darling; my fairest
come away -Song of Songs 2:11-13
 
This is the scripture that emerged within my prayer and worship time after writing My Fading Winter yesterday morning. As I was in the spirit, the picture came of two lovers dancing, skipping in anticipation and pleasure through fields. There was joy, laughter and freedom in that moment. As I was seeing that picture, I was reminded of a portion of scripture that uses that imagery. The above passage was what I found. The similarity of topics was striking, I am praying it now in faith that it's the doorway into a new season. 
 
His word leads the way and beckons faith to believe and follow...come away, rise up, my darling, my fairest.

No comments: