Monday, August 23, 2004

Your racist friend...

My daughter had an encounter with a racist the other day...the young woman was a hard core bigot.
I was so surprised by this girls cold hate. I was troubled that such a backwoods view of humanity could still be vocalized in public. I was ashamed that such a vein of ugliness still runs through our all most completely white community. Her comments were as disgusting, it reminds me of a time when this was common...Thank God such a horror was vanquished by more noble men and women.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a freaky link to the Olympics of old. It reminds me of a Metallica concert I went to back in my youth. Hands raised in allegiance. It is scary to think that Hitler was once named Time Magazines, "Man of the Year." Did it take a holocaust to open our minds and see that it was wrong idealogy?

Kevin Payne said...

Racism is one of the things that burns me the most. It was prevalent in the warehouse I worked in before this youth position. I couldn't stand it. It's like "Grow up already!"