Sunday, May 01, 2005

truth with skin on...


Seeing and reading how people live out their life is a part of blogging for me.
I don't just want to know how to live life, I want to see, hear and touch if possible, how one lives THIER life.
The apostle John said it best I think:

"It was there from the beginning; we have heard it; we have seen it with our own eyes;
we looked upon it, and felt it with our own hands; and it is of this we tell.
Our theme is the word of life." -John 1:1-2

I need a word that is encountered in such a way. I need to feel it with my hands, see it with my own eyes and ears in order to pass anything worth passing on. I don't want to be like a mother bird regurgitating half digested food for others, nor do I desire to feast on someone else's Prechewed Charlies, as we call it in youth ministry.

I need faith for more than my head life, I need one that I can feel, hear and see. I need people to be honest about how THE LIFE is being lived out in their life. Show me reality, not just the ideal, because the ideal can blind me from really seeing the next step.

I want the mount of transfiguration but the reality is, I have to come back down to where I live. Like the disciples, most mounts of transfiguration result in being unspoken because words simply are not enough to paint the picture of what is experienced.

So I look to LIFE being lived not merely talked about. Blogging helps me do that and forces me to seek to live it as well as write it. Our words will judge us.
Posted by Hello

No comments: