Thursday, December 29, 2005

King Kong

We saw King Kong and The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe while in Portland.
L/W/W was ok...good for kids 6-12 years old.
Someone said it's LOTR for girls...made me laugh, kinda true.
Not bad but just not what I hoped it would be.  
 
Kong was simply awesome!
I am going to see it again for sure.
Best monster brawl ever between Kong and 3 Rex's, fantastic!
A bit creepy in parts, a nod to Jackson's horror background but overall I thought it was all I had hoped it to be. Quite an accomplishment to make a movie that no one will remake.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should see the King Kong video game on the Xbox 360. I thought it was the movie playing when I saw it. In the demo, which you can play at most stores that have Xbox displays, allows you to do that fight between Kong and the T-Rex's. It's pretty sweet.

Michael McMullen said...

I liked L/W/W a lot more than I thought I would. LOTR for girls? Uh, no. They almost ruined it by not having the "Safe? 'Course he's not safe. But he's good." line in there, but they sorta snuck it in. That was my biggest complaint.

Havn't seen King Kong yet.

Todd Bacon said...

I read your blog often. Wondering about your opinion of the occurrences of foul language, specifically the cursing of the Lord's name, in King Kong. We always check reviews on PluggedIn prior to seeing movies, and decided King Kong, with the cursing, was not for us. I'm certain that I'd love the action and the story in the movie King Kong, and was jazzed about seeing it due to Peter Jackson being at the helm. But alas, I shan't. I wonder about your opinion on this considering your faith.

Unknown said...

Justin:
The video game is sweet on 360 and pretty cool on the xbox as well. My son Christian beat the game and it had some great levels.

Mike:
I didn't think it was a girls movie but it was for kids, not that there is anything wrong with that. The more kids movies the better in my opinion, especially in that vein.