Thursday, March 29, 2007

Pace your plan...


arnold
Originally uploaded by ericblauer.

I've been on my work out program with some major changes this time.
I'm over a month into it, 5-6 days a week and this time I've included weight training.

Last year I lost 30 pounds but looked like a skinny teen...real bummer to not really enjoy yourself at 250 and then work your tail off and not enjoy the look at 220.
So this time I am not just taking away but adding to my body. It's slower but more healthy and realistic.
I was burning 1000 calories a day last year in the gym...looking back now, I was a madman, no wonder I ended up pissing blood in the gym.

That's one of the dangers of goals. You can get so focused on reaching that goal that you end up getting tunnel vision.
Goals have an end but real life is about finding rhythms that are sustainable, healthy and fruitful and last.
I have had to really force myself to submit to developing a reasonable plan and discipline myself to move at a pace that wont undermine my plan.

A great song for pumping iron:

Jawbreaker by Judas Priest

Deadly as the viper peering from its coil
The poison there is coming to the boil
Ticking like to time bomb
The fuse is running short
On the verge of snapping if it's caught
And all the pressure that's been building up
For all the years it bore the load
The cracks appear, the frame starts to distort
Ready to explode

Jawbreaker

Crouching in the corner
Wound up as a spring
Piercing eyes that flash are shimmering
Muscles all contorted
Claws dug in the dirt
Every ounce of fiber on alert

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric, check out the abs diet on the men's health website...it's not really a "diet" diet. It has great insight into how your body processes different foods and how to get your metabolism going.

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/topicpage.do?site=MensHealth&channel=weight.loss&category=abs.diet

-Aly

Michael McMullen said...

I started bench-pressing my computer just reading the lyrics.

Unknown said...

lol :)