Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A gift...



I asked the Lord a week ago for help...I needed a break, a chance to catch my breath...a sabbath.
Two days later someone handed us a set of keys to their cabin on Diamond Lake. They said we could use it anytime.
I knew the Lord was listening to the cry of my heart.

This is the view from the cabin...it was so refreshing to sit and breathe in the cool lake air. To open my bible at sunrise and awaken the day with fresh words to my soul. I slept and napped, which I hardly ever do during the day...it was a simple but needed grace. I walked early in the morning and saw 3 deer, how do they hide with those flipping white tails that look like someone waving a flag that screams "here I am?". I was startled by a huge great blue heron I spooked out of his marshy breakfast area. I almost caught glimpse of a humming bird. I saw 8 turtles sunbathing on logs, geese & ducks and a strange water bug that plays dead when he thinks you are watching. I watched a falcon dive into the water for fish. I was serenaded by a symphony of feathered singers. I was mesmerized by seeing the stars, clear and bright in the reflection of the night sky on the lake...two celestial heavens, one above and one on the water. I watched lots of fish leap from the water, I am brining a pole next time. I was visited by a cat in the early morning, he just wanted to say hello and asked for a few strokes.


We need to find God, and He cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass---grow in the silence; see the stars, the moon and sun, how they move in silence. is not our mission to give God to the poor in the slums? Not a dead God, but a living, loving God. The more we receive in silent prayer, the more we can give in our active life. We need silence to be able to touch souls. The essential thing is not what we say, but what God says to us and through us. All our words will be useless unless they come from within---words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness. -Mother Teresa

Thank you friends for the gift of quiet, you dont know how priceless it is to me.

3 comments:

testglobaltraffic said...

nice blog

Anonymous said...

Amazing little lake. Lots of houses surrounding it, but not where we were so much, because the boyscouts own most of the opposite shore. Huge windows let in the sunrise and the sound of the waves lapping the shores was like music to my hears.(ahhhhhh) Feeling so lucky and blessed to finally be at this place in my life, where healing is happening in some ugly old wounds. It's been hard surgery, so having a break to relax was so refreshing and timely. Thank you Jesus, and thank you friends! - LeeElla

Anonymous said...

This description of beauty reminds me of a quote from Beecher --"....thoughts with things that are beautiful, and such an opening of the soul to things which are sweet-breathed, will make one joyful at the time and tranquil thereafter. And if one fully believes that the earth is the Lord’s, and that God yet walks among leaves, and trees, in the cool of the day, he will not easily be persuaded to cast away the belief that all these vagaries and wild communings are but those of a child in his father’s house, and that the secret springs of joy which they open are touched of God!"
Dad