Wednesday, January 23, 2008

3:10 to Yuma

Ok...I know I am going to get it for this, but...I didn't really think Yuma was as great as it has been praised. I did think it was a "good" movie but not "great". It just didn't satisfy me or convince me. On a number of issues. Wade's posse missing almost every shot..I started thinking Jackie Chan was going to be in the movie at some point. And I didn't buy the ending. Wade killing all his dudes...come on. It just didn't convince me, I didn't buy it, it was cheap...after all the investment of the movie. The son bought his dad's act at the end, but it was just that...an act. He didn't get Wade to the train, Wade beat him down in the house...soooo, it was all fake in the end. Sure he tried but it just didn't do it for me. Wade whistling for his horse after he turns himself in...ok...the good guy but not really, I get it...but it still didn't satisfy me. In fact...on reflection, I just didn't like Dan. That's it...I thought his whinny, sorry for me, tough but not really guy thing was tiring. So there you go...I was bummed I didn't like it more. I still have not seen "Unforgiven" maybe I will like that one better.

2 comments:

Michael McMullen said...

This will take time to heal.

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way, too many things that were unbelievable. I love the cast, but I too, did not like Dan. He was a weenie, and I can take a weenie in a scene or two, someone to beat up on, but to star in the role was......weenieish.
I wasn't that bif a fan of Unforgiven either. What we need is good, gritty western. I hoped they both would deliver, but no.
Dad