Friday, February 27, 2004

There's a party coming

The LORD of hosts will prepare a lavish banquet for all peoples on this mountain;
A banquet of aged wine, choice pieces with marrow, and refined, aged wine.
-IS 25:6

Jesus said He wouldn't drink of the vine until He sat with us in the kingdom.
So I guess they have had some choice wine in the heavenly cellars aging for a very long time. It's going to be some party!
lately, I find myself really longing for that day...

I'm so tired of all the excuses, all the distractions, all the forgetfulness.
Serving up an earthly banquet only to see so few come to the table.
Searching deep and long for some spiritual wine to offer and watch people turn their noses up at the drink.
Setting the table with care, with thoughtfulness and no one coming.
It gets old.

Where are the thirsty?
Where are those that love to dine?

I feel like Babu on Seinfield the other night...
He opened a restaurant that no one was interested in eating at.

I see him waving his finger at Jerry and saying:
"VERY BAD MAN, you very bad man..."

No comments: