Tuesday, February 03, 2004

WARNING: EXTREME RANT COMING UP

This whole superbowl half-time thing ticked the living daylights out of me.

And we wonder why our youth rape each other at school in the bathrooms.
We wonder why our daughters are man handled, sexually assaulted, verbally pressured and teased by men in our homes, schools and work places.

Our culture is amazed that a generation has sunk to such depths of indecency, bewildered by the rude, crass and over sexualized behavior. But when you sit for 15 minutes during the MTV produced sleaze romp and watch men and women pump & hump each other like they are dogs in heat, is it any wonder?

Is it entertainment now to watch a man sexually harass a woman?

I'm disgusted by the flesh fest on the stage of the half-time.

I'm grieved that such orgyish displays pass as entertainment today.

I'm sick and tired of women prostituting their bodies for money and fame.

I'm ticked off that men see it as manly to disrespect women by treating them like a piece of meat.

I'm tired of women displaying their bodies like meat for sale or for the taking.

I am ashamed that our youth idolize such brutish behavior.

I am heart broken when I watch the glory of womanhood dragged through the lustful mud of pop culture for dollars and hype.

I am praying to God that a new generation will rise up and cast off the filthy rags of the gutter girls and sleaze studs and embrace the beauty of holiness with fiery passion.

There is a spreading plague that is sweeping into our homes, our schools and our children that is spreading death. When kids can't take a shower at school because they might be raped by their fellow same sex students what on earth is going on! (this happened in our town last week)

God give us a generation like Phinehas's who dare to drive a spiritual stake of purity through the hump & pump of their generation's cultural sex fest (Numbers 25:6-8). Someone has got to stop the plague...

I pray that your conscience was struck a sledgehammer blow yesterday. I hope you see that it's more than entertainment. I hope that you will dare to throw off the filthy rags of the immodest hormone slaves of the cultural thong throng.

God give us real men and women that will rise to the call to be a shining light in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation.

RANT OVER

No comments: