Saturday, January 24, 2004

Purpose?
What if He doesn’t have a purpose but, possibilities?
What if God’s plan is emerging and liquid not static and set?
Lord, help me to find the person and not the point.
Passion and not purpose, You and not it.
Written here

This thought has been clanking around in my noggin for awhile.
I'm speaking a message this Sunday that dances a bit with this issue.
"The Little Bird- Finding fulfillment and purpose in ordinary things" -based on Psalms 84:3.
Basically a message about learning to discover life in the midst of real life.
Learning to build your own "nest".
Walking in day to day life...awake.
Having open eyes of the heart.
discovering a day that is more full of God, than a future of could be.

1 comment:

Mel said...

I remember that message, and I didn't even hear it first-hand. I only heard about it when it was discussed at our hope group at the Carpenter's old house. And yet, my life was STILL changed by it, from the inside out. I remember thinking about how my husband's nest is made up of Christian music... That's how God speaks to him. We're all so unique, and God designed us that way on purpose.