Monday, January 05, 2004

Considered philosophically, all that a great visionary leader does is awaken and harness the dreams and visions of the members of a given community and give them deeper coherence by means of a grand vision that ties together all the ‘little visions’ of the members of the group. The fact remains that no-one will be prepared to die for my sense of purpose in life’’
-p.188 "A Call to Missional Revolution" by Andrew Hamilton

I long to be this kind of person and leader. So often the opposite seems to be true in the church. We seek to harness people to our dreams and visions and then raise hell when they won't "die" for our dream. It produces frustrated leaders, I have been such a leader in my more self-focused times.
Angry, because you won't be what I want you to be...
Arghhhh! It's maddness, really.



No comments: