Thursday, January 22, 2004

One of my faves

Ah! reign, wherever man is found!
My spouse, beloved and divine!
Then I am rich, and I abound,
When every human heart is thine.

A thousand sorrows pierce my soul,
To think that all are not thine own:
Ah! be adored from pole to pole;
Where is thy zeal? arise; be known!
-Madame Guyon

This is a portion of one of Madame Guyon's poems, which you can read here.
If you have not read her book: "experiencing the depth of Jesus Christ" I highly recommend it. It's one of the top five books and authors that have most influenced my life.
Here is a list of others that have been instrumental in shaping my spiritual life:
Watchmen Nee's books: (The normal chrsitian life, the spiritual man, countless others)
Testament of Devotion by Thomas Kelly
Guyon's books
Gene Edwards books (Tale of Three Kings, Divine Romance, Revolution, more)
Augustine (confessions, various writings)
Pushing to the Front by Orison Sweet Marden
Anything by John Elderidge (Wild at heart, The journey of desire, Waking the dead, sacred romance)

No comments: