Wednesday, January 07, 2004


In This Corner...

"Gird up now your loins like a man, and I will demand of you, and you declare to me." -God (Job 38:3)

God calls Job to wrestle with Him.

In the end of it all, Job realizes that he was rambling on about so much that he thought he understood but in reality he should of shut his mouth. After all the "talks" God shows up.
After all the spewing of opinions, views, thoughts, rants, accusations and preaching...God comes.
After the fermenting wine is all spilled out...He shows up.
In all of our "wisdom" we have proved that we really should "take back everything we have said."

There is a wrestling going on right now, like Jacob I have spent a lot of energy trying to wrestle some blessing from God's hands. Like Job, I've spoken a lot of words, thinking I knew what I was saying, but in the end realizing, I was talking about stuff I didn't understand. God wants to change our names, change our walk and bless us in ways that we didn't perceive.

Like Paul, we have been rushing head long into our imagined "destiny" thinking we have been serving the purposes of God and then find out that we were actually blind. What "goads" have we been kicking against that are actually Jesus's instruments; to push us somewhere we never thought we would end up?

What have we been "wrestling"; thinking that if we could just master it, we would be blessed but in reality it's just going to defeat us. And really, that defeat is what is going to bless us.

We have been seeking to steal, take, manipulate, persuade, force a blessing and in the end we find out that He isn't "for us or against us" but for the purpose of God.

Like Jacob, Job and Paul, I find myself on the ground and in the dust...humbled, broken, dazzled by revelation light.
I hear a new voice, I hear a new name, I see in ways I have never seen. The direction I was going no longer looks the same.

The road to...is no longer the road there.

No comments: