Monday, January 12, 2004


My little cup
1.12.04

I cannot offer You glorious kingdoms,
palaces of gold,
walls of rubies or gates of pearls.

The wealth of the seas,
The treasures of the deep,
a kaleidoscope of colors to robe you with,
is not mine to command.

The magnificence of temples, heavenly spires and intricate altars,
are not within my power to build for You.

I can't weave the songs of heaven,
celestial music You already have without end.

But one thing I have,
that isn't found in all the heavenly expanse...
the wine of my love,
I give.

I desire to be a better wine
in the end,
than the beginning.

To age well,
and be a chosen drink,
in the closing of my days.

You prophesied a more glorious draught at the dusk.
A wine that would surpass the glory of the dawn.
Better wine for latter days.

I desire to be the cup You choose to drink.
Let the wine of my love,
be Your drink,
in the days of Your abstaining.

I prepare a banquet of wine,
I set a table for two.

A simple and humble offering I give...

Drink, until you are drunk,
with my love.


"Your love is better than wine."
-Canticles 1:2

No comments: