Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Give Him Wild Honey

He said to them, "Have you any food here?"
So they gave him some honeycomb.
And He took it and ate in their presence.
-Luke 24:41-43

I've been meditating on the imagery of wild honey within my prayer and worship times.
I keep finding myself drawn to the passion of Song of Songs.
I've been dancing between the lover and the beloved's description of finding honey under each others lips.

"Your lips drop sweetness like the honeycomb..."
"I have eaten my honey..."
"Eat, friends, and drink, until you are drunk with love..."
(SoS 4:11, 5:1)

My heart cries this U2 lyric from "Wild Honey:
I send you flowers
Cut flowers for your hall
I know your garden is full
But is there sweetness at all?

One of the most haunting words of Jesus are when He said that in the last days men's love would grow cold. I feel we are in the days of cold love. My heart battles succumbing to the slow freeze of our times. As The Divine Lover said through the prophet Jeremiah: "I remember the unfailing devotion of your youth, the love of your bridal days..."-Jeremiah 2:1.

lately I have found and given "wild honey" and it's been sweet.



No comments: