Saturday, October 09, 2004

Writing in sand....


I have uttered what I did not understand, things too wonderful for me, which I did not know...Therefore I abhor myself and repent in dust and ashes. -Job 42:3,6 Posted by Hello

The older I get and the more I preach, the more I get an eerie feeling that I too will share Job's epitaph.
The closer you get to the sun the more blind you become.
Darkness not light begins to take over.
You begin to understand less and question more.

I find more solace and familiarity in Jesus writing in sand than Moses rock hewn revelation.
I feel like I am trying too hard to explain the Holy and in my attempts to capture it...I scare it away.
Truth is the lizard and I stand holding it's tail.

I'm tiring of messages because I find myself feeling like I'm going to end up setting fire to most of it at some point anyway. Dust and ashes...was all Job could say after seeing for the first time.
I think I will have two words to whisper in awe and holy fear when I see face to face...I repent.

No comments: