Friday, October 08, 2004

Wine will pour from the hills...


The Lord says, "The time is coming when there will be all kinds of food. People will still be harvesting crops when it's time to plow again. People will still be taking the juice from grapes when it's time to plant again. Wine will drip from the mountains and pour from the hills.
I will bring my people Israel back from captivity; they will build the ruined cities again, and they will live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink the wine from them; they will plant gardens and eat their fruit.
I will plant my people on their land, and they will not be pulled out again from the land which I have given them," says the Lord your God. -Amos 9:13-15

Eat, friends, and drink, until you are drunk with love. -Song of Songs 5:1

What a prophesy...my heart is moved with the dream of a community that is drunk with love. A people fragrant with holy spices. I long for the table to be overflowing with harvest. A harvest of real joy, lives that share the same cup and eat the same bread and a love communion of heart, mind and soul.

I pray for such a table, a time, a vineyard to grow up among us.
Posted by Hello

No comments: