Saturday, October 02, 2004

The thrill and danger of it all...


What would be the state of the highways of life, if we did not drive our thought-sprinklers through them, with valve open, sometimes? -Holmes

My Dad sent me this quote and I thought it really captured the truth of these last few years for me. I have been blessed to enter a season of life where the narrow constraints of man made religion and social conditioning have been graciously unlocked and old chains that have fettered my mind have fallen away or are loosening.

It's been a strange journey, it often feels like exploring a cave. There is something about discovering a great underground tunnel that you never knew was there. Spelunking is dangerous but one of the most exhilarating experiences too. Discovery has an adrenaline rush to it but it has a price to it as well.

Sometimes you get so far in that you have to determine (more like debate) whether going back or pressing on is the greater drive. At that moment you teeter on the line between excitement and fear, trepidation and courage. I'm there more often than not these days...
Posted by Hello

No comments: