Sunday, March 06, 2005


With a set of pipes like this, I simply could not resist downloading the new CD by the recently reunited Judas Priest. It's called Angel Of Retribution, a theme based album that completes their Sad wings of Destiny album. The verdict still is out for me. I am not sure what I think, it didn't blow me away as much as I hoped it would, but it has some really good moments too. A few songs stink and a few are a bit too dark for my tastes.
But there are some choice selections...Judas rising, Deal with the devil are two of my faves on the project. Judas Rising opens with some screaming guitars and Rob Halfords second to none metal vocals come blazing through like a jet engine roaring out of a bombing sweep. Peeling the pop music pruned skin right off my pudgy middle aged face.
I just love to hear a good screaming metal song...not the guttural wails of most metal these days that sounds more like someone possessed than singing. Most stuff sounds like Freddy Krugar singing songs with leatherface than good hard rock, it gives me the creeps.
 Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The irony of sitting here listening to classical music on the radio while I post about Judas Priest just hit me. I have very strange tastes in music. I sat and watched 3 music videos and a documentary on the the new Avril Lavigne Cd yesterday too. I am going to see Sting in April and yet have the largest worship music collection of anyone I know? I love Sheryl Crow and Matt Redman too and U2 rocks my Ipod. So strange.

Michael McMullen said...

I've always figured that liking only one kind of music was too limiting. It'd be like only liking one type of food or one type of drink. Cheers to ecletic tastes!