Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Creating your own little Eden...


Here is a very cool site for turning your backyard into a wildlife habitat.
I am trying to do this on many different levels to encourage wildlife to make my backyard their home. I have a lot of visitors and squatters already...A dog, Butterflies, a family of quail, squirrels, woodpeckers, nuthatches, blackcapped chickadee's, robins, raccoons, spiders, a bald-faced hornets nest, bees and soon to be more, I hope.

I think as Christians we should be caretakers of the wild around us and as a community. It's part of the Eden mandate in Genesis. I spent some time last week in my backyard praying blessing over all my trees, shrubs, the grass, animals and everything on my property. I desire my home to be a Goshen in the midst of Egypt for us and Egypt.

No comments: