Friday, July 29, 2005

Looking back at no man hands....


I recieved a comment on a old post called "No Man Hands", and I wanted to reply:

D
So true...and I have been learning that lesson about myself ever since. "Falling in love" with myself has created more problems than I can count! In moments like those, all though humiliating, they have a painful but necessary way of bring us back to our senses, doesn't it? :)
Crazy times indeed...memories that make us more human and more godly all at the same time.

It is true that His hands are so much better to hold but isn't it strange, how He allows us to find out how to do that, through the feeble, broken, sinful and sometimes awkward hands of each other.
It is an amazing mystery.

Some things I learned through the whole experience was that I could navigate with God's help through very complicated moments in ministry and He could build character in me in places I thought I would never be able to stand. Situations that had the seeds of destruction for me in the past...did not germinate in His grace.

I learned that vile snakes can become magnificent stallions in God's country...as CS Lewis wrote about it in The Great Divorce.

I learned that people we love very deeply are still people that need forgiveness, grace and boundaries to remain in a healthy place.

I learned that there is always a sower of bad seeds seeking to gather a harvest among some of the most beautiful of fields we work within and we have to be vigilant.

I learned that life can die but it can be born again too. Some of the things that bring such power and presence into our life can end...but like in the resurrection they return again and though a bit hard to recognize at first end up being the same God but different.

I learned that love really does last.
I love those days, people and lessons learned, even though there is also a bitter tinge of sadness to some of the memories too.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Distant memories yet only a thought away. Simple days where lines were easily distinguished and understanding "right and wrong" was as natural as breathing.

I hope someday to see you and LeeElla again, when the time is right.

Take care,

Donna