Friday, June 01, 2007

How big is your church...


how big is your church...
Originally uploaded by ericblauer.

This is a common question in christian conversation land.
I find myself responding: big enough to keep me busy.
Keeping the tension of reaching lost people and raising healthy Christians is a challenge for any church.

A large crowd isn't a church. I know most people who quote that say it because they are small and feel they need to say something that props up their ego.
I've done it. But the more I am involved in growing a healthy community the more I see that growth can be a blessing and a difficult challenge too.

Large can mean fat.
So size isn't always a good way judge health.
Small can mean stunted, dwarfed and undernourished.

How many people are loving God and loving each other and the community God has called them to show Jesus, works better for me.

In my neighborhood the dude with the big dog, sis usually a insecure small guy.
That's why I dig my next door neighbor...he's a husky man and walks this little white fluffy pooch...not to concerned about size.

1 comment:

MaryMGlynn said...

http://inmarysopinion.blogspot.com/

Eric on my opinion site, the site isn't what I was wanting you to look at but the video I put on it, i thought you would enjoy it :)