Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Jobs not Jails...

Jobs Not Jails - Directed By Rachel Kirshenbaum

Add to My Profile | More Videos
It amazes me in the land of opportunity, that Christians wrestle with living with no purpose. This video exemplifies what I desire to work towards in our challenged neighborhoods in Spokane...connecting people and their gifts, talents and passions with work that has a purpose beyond just paying the bills. Redeeming work and inspiring people to take their dreams and turn them into reality. It can happen for those who are willing to do whatever it takes to see it emerge. I pray that God would awaken a vision in His people to work for Justice in our city. Imagine what could unfold...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so moving to me, and to me it is what Christianity is about. So easy to minimize people in their sin, but when you see them try and have the grace of someone loving and believing in them, it makes your heart bleed for them and admiration rises up for those who respond to God in serving. Makes me proud to be a Christian, it is the power of His love that will never be defeated, and I love seeing people melted by it.
Dad