Monday, October 08, 2007

Just get in....


HPIM5120.JPG
Originally uploaded by ericblauer.

The month of October has been set aside for daily prayer at our church. We have the building open at 6:30-7:30 AM and 11:30-12:30 lunch hour every day except Sunday. During prayer this morning, I got a picture in my spirit of people sitting on the edge of a rushing river...unwilling to jump in. They were thinking they just didn't have the energy or strength to swim or navigate the water. They were wanting to be in it but not willing to jump in. I knew intuitively that if they just got in the river...the power of the current would take them where they never have gone before. They didn't need to worry about not having "enough" whatever to do it...just dive in.

I felt the Lord calling me to pray for people to jump into prayer.
That they would discover there is a mighty current of God's purposes rushing along the riverbanks of our homes, cities, churches and nations. That if we just do whatever it takes to get in...He will carry us along.
If you can pray with us...come.
If you can not come...would you pray for us.
This is a month of pivotal change.
It calls for a tear soaked floor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Eric,
Just about the time you were having this picture in your spirit, my mom and I both had "just jump in" moments. For her, it was just jump in to more faith in her prayers, specificaly referring to healing in her own body as well as others she prays for. Her prayer life has changed dramatically since and her enthusiasm is addicting.

For me, it was simply just jump in to prayer and a daily time with the Father. For so long I considered a certain time of day to be the most convenient for me, even though I could only be inconsistant at best. And I felt the Lord tell me to put away convenience and ACTIVELY pursue a time that worked day-to-day. I found that time, and my world has been turned upside down. I'm living proof that if anyone is afraid of commitment because the potential for failure, God is bigger than that and will never leave you hanging when you jump into the abyss of his love.

*Rach