Monday, June 30, 2008

He is here...

I wrote this poem after taking a early morning prayer walk around my neighborhood on Sunday. The dichotomies of life around here captured my attention. The reality that Christ is all in all, above, around, behind, before and after all things was made real to me. In each of the parts of the whole...it is all in Him in a mystical way. He is the answer to it all, seen or unseen and in the wholeness that He encompasses...I walk, live and minister life.

He is here...
In the rustle of the trees that remind me of the water that laps up on the shore.

He is here...
In the warmth of the rising sun that sheds light over the colors dotting the landscape.

He is here....
In the dust under my feet, in the scent of old pine, that connects me to the flow of time.

He is there...
In the old rocks, the fallen logs, the morning squawk of the black birds.

He is there...
In the crumpled up cheap beer cans, littered across the dew kissed grass.

He is there....
In the litter of careless people, in the shoes dangling from the wire.

He is in...
The palate of colors that are painted on little flowers all over the glen.

He is in...
The soft breeze that cools, the fragrances that are small, only available if you kneel to the ground.

He is here....
Next to the lover’s abandoned clothes, the empty box of booze....the abandoned, the empty and the spent.

He is in it, around it, over it, before it, after it, in the midst of it...

He is Here...and so am I.

Eric Blauer 6.29.08
Post a Comment