Friday, October 24, 2008

I know I'm Not Alone...

I watched this DVD last night and thought it was really, really eye opening. I know these are hot topics for a lot of people, but I think I will include it in our Faith & Film nights. I think there are a lot of people that wrestle with the issues surrounding the Iraq war, the Israeli and Palestinian conflict and the challenge to walk as peacemakers in this war torn world. Michael Franti is an artist that took a trip with a camera, his guitar and his heart...and what comes out is an excellent and honest look at US through their eyes, songs, anger, pain and love...I was moved, challenged, uncomfortable and glad I watched it.

Here is a music video based on the title of the movie:

2 comments:

Mel said...

I'm going to have Keith add this movie to our queue on Blockbuster.com. And that song is awesome! I really enjoy his musical style. :)

Mel said...

Finally, we got to watch this movie last night! It was inspiring to see these people investing their time, money, energy and passion into the lives of our human brothers and sisters on the other side of the world. I pray to have that same kind of heart.

Get this... We received this movie three times from Blockbuster.com because the first two times, the disc was broken. What are the chances of that? We've never received a broken DVD in the mail before, ever, and then it happens twice to the same exact movie? Weird.

Anyway, thanks for recommending it. :)