Friday, October 24, 2008

Thrice...

This song is amazing from the band Thrice.

And I really love the lyrics to this song (Silverwings) from the same band, you can hear it here.

From tender years you took me for granted.
But still I deigned to wander through your lungs.
While you were sleeping soundly in your bed.
(Your drapes were silver wings; your shutters flung)

I drew the poison from the summer's sting,
And eased the fire out of your fevered skin.
I moved in you and stirred your soul to sing;
And if you'd let me, I would move again.

I've danced 'tween sunlit strands of lover's hair;
Helped form the final words before your death.
I've pitied you and plied your sails with air;
Gave blessing when you rose upon my breath.

And after all of this, I am amazed,
That I am cursed far more than I am praised.

2 comments:

Mel said...

I'm listening to "Come All You Weary" as I type this. I just finished listening to "Silverwings." I can't wait to get this album, and from reading the comments on the YouTube video, I can't wait to get their other album, either, the one called "vheissu" (whatever THAT means...) :)

It's positively incredible how music can help interpret lyrics and bypass analytical reasonings to penetrate straight to the heart. I read the lyrics a couple of times before listening to the song and kind of thought "Hmm, I wonder what he sees in this?"

Then I listened to the song, was moved nearly to tears, and now I'll probably listen to it another 10 or so times today... I liked the first song you mentioned, but I love this one. Thank you for recommending them.

Unknown said...

Most of Thrice's other cds are hard core music...so listen before you but...this cd was a departure from most of their other stuff.