Tuesday, July 22, 2003

http://www.tmcm.com/
The comics on this site have quickly become some of my most fave. A bit in the same vein as "Red Meat" if you are familiar with that one. I like this one more though.

Have been reading CS Lewis's "Out of the silent planet". I have not read fiction in a long time. I used to read it exclusively but after becoming a christian I somehow felt it was nolonger a good use of time or something. I have really enjoyed it now though and I am finding Lewis's SF more enjoyable than anything I have read form him before. I have had a hard time connecting in the past with any of his writing, it just didn't do it for me.

I am also reading a book on Jesus by Philip Yancey (The Jesus I never knew). I love his writing. I wept many times just reading the first chapter. He speaks to me like few other authors do. I found myself pondering the point he made about God revealing himself to the world first as a baby. We watched some of the kids birth videos last night and I found it all quite amazing to think God first came as a helpless baby. What a revelation, a daring act, a amazing mystery. God emerging cell by cell in Mary's womb. God growing. Wow what a thought.

We went camping this last week for two days up on Priest Lake ID. It was hot but the lake is one of the most clean and clear around here. It's a huge lake too, as most are around the Inland NW. It was great to swim and watch the kids play in the sandy beach and have so much fun. Me and the boys went on a hike into the woods and up a large mountainside. There are bears around the camp, so it was a bit unnerving but fun. We found bear crap and the bear's stash of food and garbage he had stolen in a midnight raid from camp. Camping with 7 people was a bit challenging but still fun. It was Alicia's (our new 16 year old member of our family) 3rd time camping. She did great, it was fun seeing her experience it. One tent, 7 people, always a memory ;)

1 comment:

Mel said...

My... how times have changed since this post was written. :)