Thursday, July 24, 2003

This is a song written by Angela Hunt my sister in law.
She recently emailed this song of hers to me in response to an email I sent out about the wooing of God.
I thought it was a great:

I lay asleep... but my heart is awake
and in the distance beyond a still voice is calling my name
Lord your calling my name
but I do not answer your call, even though I hear you crying out to me
making this one plea... that you will make a way
this is when I heard you say

"I'm here knocking. I'm here reaching
I'm hear waiting for you to run to me
When will you open that door?
Wen will it be me your reaching for?
You know I will wait for you evermore"

I'm so tired of myself always getting in the way
How sweet is the voice that is calling my name
Lord your calling my name
Now I'll rise and find the one I love
and I will never let you go
for this one thing I know...
that you will make a way
Lord, listen to me say

"I hear you knocking
see you reaching
I know you're waiting for me to run to you
I'm ready to open that door
Oh Lord it is you I'm reaching for
You don't have to wait for me anymore"

For my soul longs for you my Lord
What can I do my Lord?
But worship you my whole life long
For you're my love and my song
I will never let you go
This I know


THE END ----- P.S. This song was inspired several years a go by a
message you preached -Angela

1 comment:

Mel said...

Great song!! I think I remember the message you preached that inspired this song... Wasn't it from the Song of Solomon?