Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh...
LeeElla and I, saw "Pirates of the Caribbean" last night with a couple of friends.
I enjoyed it but found myself pondering similarities to my own adventure instead.

A few things that resonated with me from the images and themes from the movie were:

* I want my own "Black Pearl", my own ship.
* I long for a real "first mate" and a crew that can actually sail.
* The thirst for the horizon...for real freedom.
* The thrill of finding treasure, lots of it. ("The Count of Monte Cristo" nailed this one for me too).
* Water, deep and wild.
* A damsel in distress.
* A villain, dark and foreboding.
* Large canons, full of billowing black powder, thundering voices and pounding impact. (I love seeing things blow up!).
* A swift and sharp sword and the ability to use it deftly and deadly.
* A challenge that seems beyond hope but worth attempting.
* I want a compass too...preferably one that isn't on everyone else's North either.
* I want to help the "British nobels" but I don't want to be one.
* I must confess, I think I have a few "single shots" reserved too.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

So True
"If change is to come, it will come from the margins. It was the desert, not the temple, that gave us the prophets."Wendell Berry.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Line from one of my faves
"Heed, paperrrr now"
____________________________________

Nailed it
"Modern man believes he is fruitful and productive when his ego is aggressively affirmed, when he is visibly active, and when his action produces obvious results."
Thomas Merton (love & living).
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments: