Thursday, August 07, 2003

Ouch
Had coffee with a fellow youth pastor yesterday, ummm coffee, good
He shared how a young man that recently came to Jesus came up to him right during worship
on Sunday morning and asked him: "Why does God only touch young people?"
He gave a politically correct institutional response that every good youth guy should give,
But deep down he wondered...

My thought was: Why does God always seem to lose His grip on those young people before
they become adults?

Chick Flicks
I was pondering this phenomenon in the usual biased male mode, when I realized something.
Girls want to be sought after, fought for, rescued and cherished above others and loved passionately.
I like to watch films where the guy does all that in a male kind of fashion. I realized that after watching
"The last of the Mohicans".

Not very profound, I know but it lessened my joking about the "chick flick" issue
in my home. Though I don't think I can watch another one for a while...to much J. LO :)

No comments: