Monday, August 11, 2003

We have hemorrhoids
I was at a family camp this weekend and noticed something that convicted me.
We were worshipping around the camp "fire" (no fire really, there's a burn ban).
The children were on one side and the adults on the other, we were singing to kid's CD worship music.

The kids looking at us and us looking at the kids. Them singing, raising their hands and doing cute
hand and body movements to the songs...us acting disinterested.

I had to wonder what the kids thought about us mumbling worship songs and looking so disinterested.
Were we what those kids have to look forward to?
Looking around me in the adult services, I have to say that sadly it is...

No wonder Jesus said that you have to become as a little child to enter the kingdom.
We couldn't enter this weekend because we couldn't let go of our adult pride.

We suck...and our children will grow to become just like us...frozen chosen.
People who can't dance anymore, can't laugh in innocence, sing like we have hemorrhoids and
communicate like we are skittish deer.

My 3 year old son, Micah was dancing and started to roll around on the ground like a break dancer.
I went over and stopped him...it was the most unholy thing I have done all year...
I'm a fool for not joining him. God help us...

2 comments:

Mel said...

A beer or two might have helped the situation a bit. So... have things gotten better since then?

Unknown said...

yah a few beers would of made it better... :)