Sunday, August 03, 2003

Breaking the Oath...no it's not a Merciful Fate song,,,
I spoke from 1 Samuel 14:23-45 today on "Breaking the Oath".
The whole story about Jonathan eating honey and facing the oath of Saul and potential death.
It was a message centered on getting free from man made rules, regulations and traditions
that cause us to become weary, exhausted and faint.

Daring, if I may say so myself, could get me hanged...

Oh the responses...the yah buts...you got to love em.

We are a fearful sort, many would rather keep the dog chained to the post, loose dogs do things...
Well my friend, chained dogs will hump your leg as fast as a loose one will, I see it all the time in the church.

Read 1 Samuel 14 and see what men do that have lived under an oath...
they go mad and eat things they shouldn't, bloody things.

Here's a verse you don't see preached on much or posted on church signs:
"Don't submit to rules..." -Colossians 2:20

PONDER THIS
Ask your self: What would you really like to do, if you were not living under THE OATH!!!

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as Mel would say.


No comments: