Thursday, January 19, 2006

Mouth full of splinters

Five years ago when my heart was broken, in the agony of my heart I disappeared into the woods of Oregon for 21 days with God, and he Showed me a church in Spokane that would be as pure as Jesus Christ. When it will come, I don't know, but it will never come from a lot of slop and evangelistic mess, but when we live our lives on God's alter.
-John G. Lake (1929)

Thanks for sending that to me Gaz, my good english mate, you always have a way of stirring up the spiritual anticipation.

I have planted my self in this city with this kind of spiritual conviction and hope. There have been so many reasons to quit, to move on, to give up or give in. So many seasons that have whittled my faith down to almost nothing. Challenges that have squeezed every ounce of wisdom out of my head and left me dizzy from the lack of understanding. Deep trenches have been plowed into my once tender heart and have become fertile ground for seeds of life but only after heart wrenching disappointment.

Dark rains have fallen that seemed to last forever and promised to submerge the inner flame of prophetic purpose. Tears have left snake trails on my once idealistic face. But in all the whirlwind that has been my turbulent dance with destiny, I find myself still standing after it all.

The stronger the wind, the stronger the tree.

I have found that to be true by God's grace. My roots have had to sink really deep into Christ and thank God, He has entangled Himself in such away in me that vine and branches are one. Which means I have been sustained by His strength in the drought, winds and fire.

Beaten paths are for beaten men...

I have found a road less traveled, but only through brokeness.
There is always going to be blood on the altar of God.
His work always invovles a cross....so you might as well kiss it.

I've got a mouth full of splinters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen and amen... - LeeElla

Anonymous said...

If Jesus can spark a holy revolution in a few little towns in the middle east that eventually moves out to the world, I think we can start something in Spokane. Let's do it!