Monday, July 17, 2006

I am a boxers, not briefs, Reformed guy...

The two hot theologies today are Reformed and emerging. Reformed theology offers certainty, with a masculine God who names our sin, crushes Jesus on the Cross for it, and sends us to hell if we fail to repent. Emerging theology offers obscurity, with a neutered God who would not say an unkind word to us, did not crush Jesus for our sins, and would not send anyone to hell. I came to Reformed theology by preaching through books of the Bible such as Exodus, Romans, John, and Revelation, along with continually repenting of my sin. I am, however, a boxers, not briefs, Reformed guy. I am pretty laid back about it and not uptight and tidy like many Reformed guys. -mark driscoll more here: http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2006/127/52.0.html


1 comment:

Michael McMullen said...

I've been Reformed in the past year or so. But I like your clothes analogy, it fits.

HA! It fits...'cause it's clothes...