Friday, September 19, 2008

Fringe

Fringe is a new FOX show that's co-created by one of the men behind LOST. It's a mix of X-files(without the aliens)CSI and some low grade horror movies with a SCIFI flavor. It's a PG-13ish show, but closer to R in my opinion, some of the scenes are gruesome and have a slight serial killer/horror feel to them. I am not a fan of CSI, or X-Files or Horror....so why did this show grab me? It's the SCIFI angle that I am a sucker for. It's the Pseudo-science or "Fringe" science twist in this show that massages my ober nerdishness love for test tubes, cyber punk, Frankenstein type spookiness.I'm never a fan of serial killer anything, and even though this has an edge of that in it, I'm hooked because they have stuff like: immersion tanks, retina imaging retrieval, brain to brain subconscious communication and dream travel, transparent skin virus, rapid growth and anti-aging bio-molecular subplots...and..and...well, you get my point...I'm a nerd. If you are not a fan of any of the shows I've mentioned and the type of story lines they contain...stay away, and remember its not a kids show or...one you should watch while eating.

No comments: