Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Update on Mustard Seed Ministries...

These wonderful peeps of Mustard Seed Ministries, camped out with us in our neighborhood for a few weeks this summer. I love their story, their hearts and their work. They are a prophetic challenge to the middle class status quo. Many people talk about what they "feel" but few actually walk it out. It's refreshing to see real people doing real ministry in ways that are both simple and practical and at the same time...radical. You might not be called to leave it all for the gospel...but I think we all could agree we are called to obey the gospel right where we are. My prayers are towards you Mustard Seed...God bless you as you hammer out the hard things, the deep things and the simple things. You are an inspiration. You are loved in Spokane.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a powerful video. Powerful in its simplel devotion.
I have to say the scenes in downtown Portland moved me. It has been a long time since I've been down there, maybe need to get back.
Love Dad

Anonymous said...

We love and miss you guys SO MUCH! It is truly awesome to watch the work unfold and see the powerful ways God is using you across the country.

I was really excited to see you go to the town I was born in, Grand Rapids...

Always in our thoughts and prayers,
Love,
Us