Monday, September 26, 2005


LeeElla and I spent the weekend in Seattle picking up a painting and on the way home we stopped to see Julianne who runs a farm with her husband Guy Evans, above Lake Chelan, WA. This is their home, made out of rock from the tunnel that connects the town to the highway. What an oasis from the hectic world we live in. A couple hours here was like visiting Eden. I was humbled by the simplicity of life, the hospitality shown us, the abundance of fruits and vegetables and wine.

The pace and rhythm of the farm was like a splash of cold water on my dry and shriveled up soul. The joy in Julianne's face and her smile and that sparkle in her eyes evokes a lump in my throat. Her pride in their farm and its beautiful bounty was rejuvenating. I was stunned by the holiness of the experience. Being in the garden and touching the dirt and smelling the many fragrances was deeply revitalizing to my gasping spirit that has been choking in the cloud of problems that have been poisoning my inner life here in Spokane.

I am so thankful for being able to witness life as it should be lived...hard working, simple, close to nature, organic, clean and with love and joy and the companionship of animals and friends.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: