Sunday, February 19, 2006

Raise for BLAZE

Until one is committed there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would have come his way. Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power…in it. Begin it now.
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

This week has been quite rollercoaster of a ride! During the middle of the week I got a strategy from the Lord for starting the fund raising off for BLAZE. I felt the challenge to put up my 1968 Mustang for sale to pay for one of the days of the conference at the new facility. It will cost us $2400 to use this awesome site. Currently the youth ministry fund is $2000 in debt. SSo holding the conference at the new venue seemed like quite a stretch of faith and from the looks I got from some people, I knew it sounded crazy. But something in my gut just wanted to push it and see if we could make it happen. It just felt right.

I preached a message today called: It's time to pick a fight. It was about faith, courage and unleashing actions grounded in an understanding of the greatness and power of God. At the end of the message we showed the BLAZE promo video that LeeElla spent 30 hours creating. I announced my Mustang plan and we watched the video.

By the end of the video I had a check in my pocket for $2,400...both days paid for, mustang sold! That was awesome, way above what I thought we would raise. But then someone else came up and said they wanted to sow $2000 into the youth fund to bring it back up to where we are no longer in debt! Then someone else came up and said they wanted to give $2000 for additional conference expenses!!!! HELLO!!!! $6,400 dollars just like that...KABOOM!

That rocks my world!

I have prayed to dream God's dreams for the youth of this region and challenged to take greater steps of faith to match the limitless resources and heart that God has to impact this area. Today He spoke back that dream in a loud way!

Thank you God and thank you people who believe in the vision to touch a generation.

You amaze me.

3 comments:

trishaweso said...

That is such an awesome testimony of Gods faithfulness. It shows how much he truly loves us. I thank the Lord for the passion and calling the Lord has given you to reach the youth of this world.

Anonymous said...

When it rains it pours. When God blesses, he overfills. When we ask for just a little, he overwhelms us with his grace. All we can do is pass it along to the next man.

Michael McMullen said...

That's totally awesome. I can't wait for Blaze and see what God has in store for everybody.