Friday, February 24, 2006

This blog...

I appreciate everyone's willingness to share their opinion with me about the SHEMALE post and the blog. You have every right to speak your mind and share your concerns, I love you for that. But I disagree with some of your conclusions and judgments, on some of it. But we can agree to disagree and there is nothing wrong with that. Many of you shared similar concerns and some didn't share anything publicly for fear of getting to close to the fire fight I think. I take the concerns to heart and will keep an open mind as I continue to use this medium for what it is intended to be...a blog.

Which is a very important point that needs to be considered.

This blog is not holy scripture, not a sermon, not a litmus test or a catechisms but a personal journal. It isn't a discipleship tool in the church sense, it's not a bible study site or a how to, 3 point to anything cure all.

It's a torrent of thought, emotion, ideas and beliefs that are cast out there on the anvil of public debate and scrutiny. I have a comments section for anyone to challenge, judge, share, thank or question further the conversation that is taking place. Some will and some won't and communication is dangerous because clarity is a difficult thing to always gain in a post. But that is the beauty of the process, the sifting the refining of ideas and thoughts that takes place on a blog. The very medium can change the message due to interaction. What begins as fact can be submitted to the public discourse and change due to the light given in the expanding conversation.  I love that process, weakness and all.

My blog will be a trail for my children to follow and a warning to heed. It is an honest look into this man's heart, darkness and light, encouragement and discouragement, holiness and sinfulness, cynicism and optimism. They will see a man who was bold and fearful, truthful and critical, hungry for truth and able to expose error. Someone who was not afraid of confrontation, disagreement or criticism, praise or ridicule and one that wouldn't be bullied or shamed into compliance with a certainreligious or secular box.

A man who lived and died on the edge of honesty.

I find the same rough edges that many of you warn about in the bible in varying degrees. Psalms is a dark and depressing mix of praise and pain, anger and submission. David was crushing people with his heels in one moment and ascending to the heavens in praise in the next. It's gritty, real and fully holy in all it's humanity, something that I find quite void in most of our sanitized Christian interactions with each other.

So I guess I will leave it at that and thank everyone for helping solidify my convictions and bolstering my resolve to continue to engage the battlefield of ideas inspite of all it's mayhem and gore.

I have never claimed to be a king Solomon. I am like David, a warrior with blood on my hands.
Now if for that I won't be chosen to build the house of the Lord, so be it...I am what I am.



No comments: