Saturday, September 30, 2006

Full house...








Here is the KaRen family from the refugee camp in the Thai/Burma border.
They arrived in Spokane on Thursday night.
Dad's name is Moon Light
Mom's is Yoe Yoo
Son's is Haliey
Oldest daughter name is July
Youngest girl is Larde Eh

We have been enjoying the family immensely, even though it is hard work, emotionally and mentally.
Lots of ground to cover, stuff to constantly explain, language barriers to work with, cultural challenges etc...but much is the same. Kids are kids for sure, they love playing with Destiny's dolls, riding bikes and scooters, playing at the park and they had their first Mc'D's dinner tonight. So much to share, I will try to put this experience into meaningful words as the whirlwind calms down. Pray we will be able to find a close house to all of us for the family.

2 comments:

Matt said...

That's great, I'm glad they finally made it. I pray you all love eachother. I'm sure it's not easy for either family, but with God I'm sure it will be good. Tell them we say hello and are praying for them.

Thank you Eric!!! and your whole family for taking this on. God bless you.

FCB said...

Yes! Ditto to Matt's remarks.
I'm so excited to hear about this wonderful adventure as it unfolds.
Like you said Matt, I'm sure it will and already is, hard work.
I know how mentally taxing it is to talk with someone that has a strong accent. staying focused so you can understand is true labor.
That being said, I am so jealous of this experience. I hope you post many posts and pictures about this challenge, it is such a miracle to see unfold.