Monday, March 03, 2008

I am going to burn up!

There are some times when I am speaking the Word of God where the fire of God is so intense that I really think I could combust, right there on the spot. I thought that in both service this weekend...the Word was literally a fire in my mouth and there were moments when I wanted to just stop and let it consume me until there was nothing left but smoldering desire. I simply can not express how alive Romans 15 was for me. There were passages in that text that assaulted me with an intensity that was frightening. The prophet said that the Lord's word was like a hammer against rock...a fire that burns and a flame that sometimes feels like its burning from inside your very bones...this weekend, I felt that. I pray that word...will scorch the earth around here.

No comments: