Thursday, March 13, 2008

Same SEX unions...

In our small group, the subject of same sex relationships has been a point of deep reflection and discussion. I have enjoyed the manner in which the group has dialogued about the issue, not from a theoretical point of view but from a relational reality. We have friends and family who are wrestling with the teaching of scripture, the challenge of culture and the pain of personal experience. This is a short video clip of J.I. Packer who is facing suspension from the Anglican Church of Canada over his protest of the churches support of same sex unions. I admire Packer's obvious conviction and yet, there is a very real humility in the way he is wrestling to walk out that conviction. Very wise words.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just reading your profile. A pastor who likes Judas Priest. A man after my own heart :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry what did he say? I fell asleep... just kidding. I think everyone has a right to choose his or her own path, that is our freedom, for better or worse. I don't choose it for anyone, but I don't want to get in God's business of judgment either. -Matt

FCB said...

I appreciated Packer's tact. This is an issue in our culture that has been debated in the most hateful fashion, so I admire his gentle and humble definition of what he, and I, beleive to be the truth regarding homosexual behavior.
Would that all of our convictions were presented in the same spirit.
Dad

Michael McMullen said...

"Would that all of our convictions were presented in the same spirit."

I will give a hearty amen to that statement.