Tuesday, September 16, 2003

"I am chaste and I am now full breasted."
-SoS 8:10

I am writing an article called: Modesty:" the power of a secret" for our youth church newsletter. I found this scripture in my study for the article, it made me laugh! I'll let you come up with your own interpretation. All I can say is there are not too many girls today, that can say the same thing. Most of the styles worn seem to shout a different message.

I love teaching on this subject and am trying to come at the whole thing from the standpoint of life not law. The life in the truth of modesty is found in the power of a secret. Nothing was more alluring to me than that my wife was a "locked" garden (sos 4:12). It was modesty and purity that I found so alluring. It was the knowledge that she was a "sealed fountain" (sos 4:12) and I was going to be the first and only one to drink from such pure streams.

Today most women are not "walls" but doors (sos 8:9-10). They are not private gardens but public squares for all to wander through. They are not sealed fountains but polluted streams, muddied waters by high traffic.

No comments: